Have you recently deleted any important mail from your Gmail inbox/trash and now searching for the steps to recover deleted emails ? Then you are certainly at the right place . As we all know that if we are involved in any business/services or even while studying in school/college , then mailing is the first thing that we learn in order to do a formal official communication with others .
In short , a mailing service indeed plays a vital role in our life. Thus your mails essentially act as a repository , that may contain many essential documents and information .
Many times by mistake we delete any such important mail from the Gmail. Once deleted , we then desperately start searching for the solution to fetch the deleted email back into our Gmail inbox . No more worries now , in this post you can explore the steps to recover deleted mails back with ease .
In this post we will dive into the two important steps/methods in order to recover the deleted emails from your Gmail inbox .
So Are The Deleted Mails Gone Forever ?
No not at all . Google already knows that it is indeed usual for its users to delete any crucial mail mistakenly and then repenting for the same . So it eventually allow its users to recover the deleted mails with much ease quickly . There are basically two methods you can use to retrieve the deleted emails .
The first method is simple and straightforward. Wherein we will just use the Trash/Bin folder in our Gmail to get back the deleted email. In the second method , we will use a support form and then we have to fill it in order to get the deleted emails back to our Gmail inbox .
So without wasting further time let us explore the first method now .
How To Recover Deleted Emails From Gmail ? (Mails Deleted From The Gmail Within Last 30 days !!)
So if you have deleted any email from Gmail in the last 30 days ,then this method will be useful for you for sure . Now just follow the below steps to understand the method completely :
Note : This method is useful only when you have deleted any email from the gmail inbox within the past 30 days.
1. Firstly you have to log into your gmail account by giving proper gmail address and google credentials (if you are not already logged in to your Google account)
2. Then on the left side you can see all the other options for navigation to different folders like inbox , draft , sent etc . Click on the option More .
3. Now click on the option Bin (or Trash) .
Note : If ‘Bin‘ (or Trash) is not present on the left side labels , then you can easily change the settings to display the ‘Bin‘ (or Trash) label on the left as :
Gmail Settings (gear icon on the top right) —> Click Labels tab —-> Go to ‘Bin‘ (or Trash) option and click on ‘Show‘
4. Once you click this folder i.e. Bin (or Trash) , now you can see all the emails that you have deleted within the past 30 days on the right hand side section .
5. Now the mail that was deleted by mistake should be present here . Just search it and then selected by clicking on the checkbox adjacent to the mail .
6. Once checked , you can now get it back to your inbox again . In order to recover the deleted mail , you just need to click on the restore option present at the top. (Move it to your inbox or any other folder as required)
Once done, you can now check the mail that weather it is present in your inbox on not by directly navigating to the inbox folder present on the left hand side , then just click on it. Hopefully the deleted email has been successfully restored again back to your Gmail inbox .
So the above method is pretty easy and simple. But do keep in mind that the above mentioned way is useful only if you have deleted the mail within the past 30 days. If not then kindly go to the next section .
Also keep in mind that , if you don’t delete the mails present in your trash (Bin) folder regularly , then the mails will be automatically deleted after every 30 days interval . So if you want to recover any deleted mail within this time period , then the above method will be helpful. Otherwise you may have to try the next section.
Now let’s jump into the next section.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Emails From Gmail Account ? (Deleted Mails Which are Older Than 30 days !!)
If you have permanently deleted any mail from your Gmail inbox and realized your mistake after 30 days time period. Or you may intentionally deleted the trash mails. So whatever be the reason , this section is precisely for you. Without wasting any more time let’s explore the steps to retrieve the permanently deleted mails back .
To restore the permanently deleted mails back to your gmail account , follow the below steps :
1. You have to first go to the url i.e. support.google.com (then choose Gmail service from the below list)
2. Then click on the option i.e. ‘ Gmail messages are missing ‘.
3. Then click on the link that is ‘Help find your missing emails‘ that is present within one of the points .
Note : In this step you are actually requesting Google to recover the permanently deleted Gmail messages back to your Gmail account . So there is no assured guarantee that you can eventually get back the deleted messages . If the mails are already stored in Google servers , then surely you can get those . Thus just give it a try .
You can even try hitting the url support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails
4. Now you have to fill one contact info form. Here you have to give many important and essential information related to your Google account.
5. In this form you essentially have to give the Gmail address and also the date on which you realized that the mail is missing from your Gmail inbox.
6. Finally after filling all the important fields in the form , click on the submit button.
Once you have submitted the form , you can then see a confirmation message page .
Now check your Gmail inbox after sometime. Provided you have given a correct google credential that is the Gmail username and the Gmail address in the contact info form , you will more likely receive one confirmation email from the Gmail support team (confirming weather they were able to recover the deleted emails from Gmail or not precisely )
If still you haven’t received the permanently deleted emails from the Gmail inbox then you can again follow the same steps as mentioned above. Ensure that you are providing correct Google credentials that is the username and the Gmail address where you want to recover the permanently deleted emails back.
How To Back Up Your Gmail Data To Prevent Any Possible Deletion In Future ?
Now let us understand the data backup process that you may find helpful in order to take regular backup of Gmail data that is the important mails and all the attachment files. So for this just follow the below steps carefully.
1. First navigate to your Google account by typing the url accounts.google.com in the search bar or directly click on your profile icon present at the top right corner.
2. Now select the data and personalization option present on the left side.
3. Scroll down and search for the section download, delete and make a plan for your data. Then in that section click on the first option that is download data.
Scroll down and search for the Gmail field then click on the checkbox to select Gmail option if not already selected.
Then select the file format in which you want to have the backup or download the data that is whether it is a zip or a PDF format then finally submit .
Once done then you can receive the data fully downloaded in the specified format , that you can save in your local storage for later use.
I really hope that the above steps help you in recovering back the permanently deleted emails from the Gmail inbox . If you know any other solution to retrieve the deleted emails from Gmail, then please let me and others know in the comments section . Stay tuned for more interesting stuff in this series .