Hope you are already done setting up your Shopify store . Since you are here , then it can be assumed that you are already aware of the Shopify application very well . Shopify is indeed a famous platform to set up big online stores for drop shipping or selling your items online with ease . While using Shopify , you may encounter many issues but some of them u can solve easily.
One of the the easiest (but indeed common) issue that you may face is the way to remove Powered by Shopify text from the footer section of your ecommerce store .
Moreover by removing the the powered by Shopify text from your online store , you can precisely enhance your brand credibility and trustworthiness among your loyal customers. Many big brands are already doing this.
No worries any more , in this post we will explore the steps to solve this petty issue. Firstly we will see how to solve this issue without any coding or in simple terms , just by deleting the text from the settings.
Then moving forward in the next section we gonna see the steps to delete this text with help of coding from the places that is from the footer section and from the password page .
So in any Shopify store , we can see the powered by Shopify text in two places i.e. in the footer section
and other in the password page (if your website is not yet launched and it is password protected.)
Also if you are using any free theme for the Shopify store , then no coding is required . But if you have bought any theme from some third party then you may require coding.
Note : Please don’t opt for the coding part if you are not comfortable with it . It is simply not recommended because if something wrong happens then you may need to approach the third party theme developer from whom you have bought the theme for troubleshooting and support .
How To Remove Powered By Shopify Text In Your Online Store Without Coding ?
Without wasting any further time we can now proceed with the steps to change the footer text and also from the password page quickly . So now we can either delete the text or edit it to some other desired other text or label .
Just follow the below steps to remove or replace the ‘Powered By Shopify‘ text instantly from your store :
1. Login to your Shopify for admin panel dashboard.
2. Click online store on the left side
3. Then on the Themes options , find the theme that you want to edit
Note : The changes that you will do, will remain on the current theme. That means in future if you change your theme then you have to again repeat the same stuff.
4. Click on Actions that is present adjacent to the customize option
5. Then click edit languages option
6. Then in the next screen you can see many options in the general tab , then for the filter translation box enter the text powered
7. As we already know that text powered by Shopify is present at two places that is in the footer and in the password page (if your store is not live yet.)
8. To remove the text from the footer section of your online store just scroll down to the check out system / links section and remove the the powered by Shopify text. Then enter a single space (using the spacebar in your keyboard) to remove the text completely (you may also give the text that you want to see see in that place instead)
9. Now to remove the text powered by Shopify from the password page , just scroll down to the section general / password page and remove the HTML text given in the textbox. Then after deleting the complete HTML text you can keep it blank or or enter any text manually as you wish.
Finally click on the ‘Save‘ button at the top
Note : Then the powered by Shopify text is now removed completely from your footer section and the password page of your online Shopify store. (do remember to refresh the page, otherwise you can’t see the changes :-p)
So now we have successfully removed the powered by Shopify text from your online store. Also keep in mind that the above changes will be implemented only on the theme that we we have edited .
So if you to upload any different theme in future then you have to again repeat the same above steps to remove the powered by Shopify text .
Anyways if you are using any third party paid theme , then you can anytime contact the theme developer for the required assistance.
Now it’s time to see the next section, that is the changes that we can do with the help of coding.
How To Remove Powered By Shopify Text In Your Online Store With The Help Of Coding ?
Before proceeding further just keep in mind that the below steps are all valid for mostly all the themes that comes along with your Shopify tool.
Also if you have any paid theme, it may possible that the options that we have mentioned below present in some other file or the coding part is altogether different. In that case you have to contact your theme developer.
Without wasting any further time, let’s jump into the steps now :
1. Login to your admin panel dashboard.
2. Click on the option online store present in the left side
3. Then click on the option themes, then you can see e all the the available themes and also the current theme that you are using in your Store .
4. Go ahead and click on the actions menu displayed on the right side.
5. Then click on the option edit code.
6. Now you can see the edit panel for the current theme you choose previously. Now in the search field, you need to to search for the text footer (close all other session and keep the section layout expanded for simplicity.)
7. Now expand the field sections and search for the term footer.liquid
8. You may even use the search bar at the top, you need to just write footer and you can see the various options among them just choose footer.liquid for editing.
9. Now on the right side as we can see the footer.liquid code is open, we need to search for a term powered by Shopify now . So just hit Ctrl key + F and type the text powered. (If you are a Mac user then you are to press Command key + F)
10. Now as we can see the powered text is highlighted in the code just remove the the content between the two braces as shown below (remove the part highlighted in blue color as shown below)
11. Now you can finally go to your online store and refresh the page, hopefully you can now see no powered by Shopify text present in the footer section.
So guys I really hope that you enjoyed this post for the steps to remove the Powered by Shopify text from your online store. The above changes are indeed necessary to showcase your professionalism to your customers.
With these changes, usually replicate the the sophistication and customization expertise to compete with the big players in your niche at any point of time. Stay tuned for more exciting stuff in this series.